We are a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018. We are registered with the Information Commissioner No: Z8398975.
This Privacy Notice explains what patient Personal Information the practice holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms under the Law.
|Practice name and address:||Practice Smiling 1 Morford Way, Eastcote, Ruislip,Middlesex HA4 8SL|
|Practice telephone number:||020 866 0118|
|Practice e-mail address:||email@example.com|
|Person responsible for Data Protection queries:||Chirangi Ruparelia|
The practice holds patients’ Personal Information in the following categories:
- Name, identity, (e.g. date of birth) and contact details
- Family details including anyone who may need to give consent for your care
- Medical history, your GP’s details, your NHS number
- Dental history, records of treatment provided, x-rays and photographs
- Payment details and financial information in connection with your care
- Correspondence relating to your care
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive your Information.
Patients’ Personal Information is held for the purpose of providing patients with appropriate, high quality, safe and effective dental care and treatment and the maintenance of accurate records.
The Law says we must tell you this.
We hold patients’ Personal Information because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the Information we cannot provide your care and treatment effectively. Also, we must hold information on NHS care and treatment as it is a Public Task required by law.
We will only share your information if it is done securely and it is necessary for us to do so.
- Your personal information may be securely shared with other healthcare professionals who need to be involved in your care (for example if we refer you to a specialist, need laboratory work undertaken or need to consult with your doctor)
- We may also share your personal information securely to third parties where we are required by law or regulation to do so. This may include:
- The General Dental Council
- The Care Quality Commission
- Dental payment plans or insurers
- NHS Bodies if NHS dental care and treatment is provided
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
- Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
- Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
- Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
- Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
- We will store patient data for as long as we are providing care, treatment or recalling patients for further care. We will archive (that is, store it without further action) for as long as is required for legal purposes as recommended by the NHS or other trusted experts recommend.
- We must store employment data for six years after an employee has left.
- We must store contractors’ data for seven years after the contract is ended.
You can complain in the first instance to us or our Data protection Officer, who is Kajal Gohil (details available from reception) and we will do our best to resolve the matter. If this fails, you can complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113